Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Perry Marshall is a creationist?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Science | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 10:01
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original
The name might not mean anything to you folks, but inside the marketing community the guy has built relative fame for his guides to Google Advertising, which aren't even half bad.

So I was kinda surprised to see him mentioned in one of potholer54's videos as the creator of http://randommutation.com , which shows his utter ignorance about natural selection and even got featured on PZ Myers' blog back in 2007, he links to it in the FAQs.

I'm kinda used to creationists by now, but randomly discovering one among people who I considered to be at least smart enough to read and understand (and plagiarize) books still shocked me a bit.
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 11:03
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
HE'S FAT!
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 13:59
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
Why are you surprised that a salesman sells shit?
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 17:42
(0)

CS Original
Well, some marketers sell good stuff, some sell everything they can get their hands on. I didn't expect to see PM in the latter category, it's crowded enough already.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:33
(2)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
Watching CJ's idealism being slowly worn away by reality brings a smile to my face.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 19:04
(0)

CS Original
The more pissed off I become, the more determined I become to get away from it all and launch something new. But there's no hurry.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 19:11
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 19:31
(0)

CS Original
Because this system, and I don't mean "the man" or corporations or naive shit, but just the economic rules we've accepted as axiomatic, are broken. I don't think they're inherently necessary. From a game theorists view, making people believe that your cheap crap is actually valuable and abusing their placebo for profit is almost always superior to creating an exceptional product or service, so that's what I'm seeing all day. Without empathy and the work of people like Rifkin that explains its influence on the economy, I don't think market mechanisms would produce anything but crap, unless you come up with a highly restrictive and guiding infrastructure. If you're as obsessed with this stuff as I am, dreaming of coming up with a new way on a not too small, not too big scale becomes kind of exhilarating.

And creationists. I fucking hate creationists.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Oct 20, 2011 - 19:52
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]