Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - There is no Tomorrow - video documentary

Tags: peak oil, there is no tommorow [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Science | Reply to Topic ]
SabertoothPosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 10:04
(0)

Level: 0
I posted this on another groups of skeptics and was confronted with some who believe it is very factual and that in fact we´re all gonna be dead in the long run. What do you guys think of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMWzjrRiBg
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 10:36
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
There's problems with peak oil, but it's all doomer nuttery when you see videos and books about it. I can debunk the whole thing with 6 words:

The price system, supply and demand.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4100
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 13:19
(0)

:')

Level: 5
Completely agree with Jim Jesus, I think that Skeptoid article pretty much debunks the entire thing. However, your 6 words is actually 5 words, but I don't want to nick pick.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 14:28
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Quote from Clock

Completely agree with Jim Jesus, I think that Skeptoid article pretty much debunks the entire thing. However, your 6 words is actually 5 words, but I don't want to nick pick.

fix'd. I blame scotch.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SabertoothPosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 17:09
(0)

Quote from Clock

Can you ran this through Metabunk?
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Mar 19, 2013 - 23:43
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
Michael Ruppert also has a fun video about how nothing could ever possibly replace oil no matter what, no exceptions, forget algae, soy, etc plastics which already exist, they dont exist, btw did you know it takes billions of barrels of oil to make one tire and everytime you drive your car you have to replace the tires? no oil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdO2Xh51Q-U
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SabertoothPosted: Mar 20, 2013 - 04:39
(0)

Quote from The Real Roxette

Michael Ruppert also has a fun video about how nothing could ever possibly replace oil no matter what, no exceptions, forget algae, soy, etc plastics which already exist, they dont exist, btw did you know it takes billions of barrels of oil to make one tire and everytime you drive your car you have to replace the tires? no oil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdO2Xh51Q-U

I´m not sure if a guy who can´t even stay with his fucking rent on time can be trusted. Oh and he´s also a 9/11 nutter. Great.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 22, 2013 - 16:17
(0)

Quote from Sabertooth

Can you ran this through Metabunk?

Ya, I will try, we'll see what will happen.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 22, 2013 - 16:29
(0)

I started watching this thing for a little bit and I have got to say, it was very frustrating to watch (I did not watch all of it) It's almost as if human beings are incapable of adapting and that it's either oil or nothing else.

For example, climate change. It is a fact that droughts are going to become more and more common as time goes on. This could mean, in the eyes of conspiracy theorists (unless they don't believe in climate change!!!) That we are all screwed because we may not be able to grow some rice, which will result in a famine.

That is correct, assuming that the human being is unable to adapt to change (which we are, and we have before, look it up in your history books)

In the pdf here, (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:W1pMRyhFoPEJ:www.africarice.org/publications/ricetoday/SCIENCE_drought_proof_rice_for_african_farmers.pdf+&hl=en&gl=ca&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShqmSRuDM46lHZl4pSUYSV0VyhvLRYIO4GWXzEhXQCXloMHypkPB-awC1J5yaB0if4hpq0cWVkJpkM8avo4BH4c6wSlHegmhJBhlAAAKW5dHxnlrKPl9Em388ZZ4P5FndcpX20b&sig=AHIEtbRgHMk21U0ned-D4FdMb2J_HUoF4w )

the article talks about the development of drought resistant rice and grains and their development. It's definitely good to hear if you are interested or worried in global warming.

I also felt as if the short film had an incredibly negative feeling to it, as if there's no hope, which is a load of baloney.

P.S. Someone needs to teach me how to attach links with words!
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Mar 23, 2013 - 09:10
(0)

I find this debunks peak oil as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHD4U2q_p4c
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Mar 23, 2013 - 14:07
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original
Just watched this I did a quick timestamps of parts of the video that I thought were relevant to the extent that I know it can be debunked. I may provide debunks of the timestamps including reference links later. Some of the timestamps are combative blanked statements that are not backed up with any credible sources made at a attempt to "debunk" the credible popular facts already put out there against that particular idea.

11:40 says in video: A claim is that coal last for centuries but that's a bit deceptive insert exponential growth argument here.

17:30 says in video: exponential growth, overpopulation, the market requires exponential growth.

18:50 says in video: scientist will not be able to solve energy problem, even if scientist could help.

25:40 says in video: explains how we avoided the die off and were able to grow. Gives examples of cows living in a overpopulated area eventually die off until the cows area can sustain the cows.

32:00 says in video: made me LULZ. Introduces a world where we revert to The Little House on the Prairie scenario.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Mar 23, 2013 - 14:09
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
Quote from The Burger King

32:00 says in video: made me LULZ. Introduces a world fix a fix where we revert to The Little House on the Prairie scenario.

Oh so the videos solution is to down tools and wander off into the countryside and take up more unused space on the planet ?

Sounds legit.
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Mar 25, 2013 - 23:47
(1)

Quote from Clock

I find this debunks peak oil as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHD4U2q_p4c

There's some issues with tar sands, but technology will get better by the time we really need to start hitting them and fuel efficiency will be better by then to make it more price effective. However I don't have a crystal ball, neither do the peak oil doomers. One thing that is inevitable is when demand is high and supply is low prices go up and alternatives become more viable and utilized. This is just basic economics.
#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]