Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Richard Dawkins

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Science | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 18:47
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

Love 'em, like him, dislike him, hate 'em, and Why?

Me: Like him.

Why?: http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html<br /> and because of his stance of ID.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 18:50
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

Like him. I haven't found anything I disagree with him about

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 18:57
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

Love him, I'm a huge fan.

The way he explains evolution, you can feel his passion for it.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 19:01
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

I like him most of the time.

But I prefer Sam Harris in debates and as an "ambassador" for atheism mainly because he has a better demeanor. Dawkins can seem like a bit of a dick with a rod up his arse.

He also seems a bit ignorant about eastern religions from what I've got from some of his Q+A sessions. He seems to equate religion to belief in god, but many religions don't believe in a god but they are still religion, unscientific and just as stupid as god-belief. It should be more about scientific and critical thinking, arguing against conspiracy theories like 911 Truthers is just like arguing against religious fundamentalists most of the time. More and more, probably because of the interest, conspiracy theories ARE the new religion. Pookie for example, off his rocker just like any YEC.

Aside from that... good talk!

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 19:09
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

He's a prick in discussions, but I still buy every book he puts out. And, as a military atheist, pledge to defend him in case he is being attacked by some undead savior.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 19:11
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

"But I prefer Sam Harris in debates"

Harris is awesome in debates.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
GenogzaPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 19:22
(0)

Life's Too Short

Level: 1
CS Original

It's a double edged sword with me.

I love his work, and his stance on evolution. On the other hand, he's a hypocrite who blames religion for problems instead of the people themselves. Which is the main reason I never fully call myself an atheist, because atheism gets a bad name from this type of rhetoric.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 22:17
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

I prefer Christopher Hitchens for debates on religion. I don't agree with much of what he says on most of the time but I love watching him debate. I love him smack down Hannity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doKkOSMaTk4.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
oreolvrsPosted: Oct 16, 2010 - 06:28
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

Love Him.Enjoyed his The Root of Evil/Virus of Faith and also the three episodes about Charles Darwin and ive enjoyed many of his books

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]